Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Day at the Beach!


So on Memorial Day Weekend I got to go to the beach near Oxnard, CA and spend the day visiting with some college friends of mine. I went to Master's with Joe and Janie and although we have kept in touch a little through the years, we've really reconnected now because of this fabulous thing called "Facebook." (I will have to write about how much fun that is later!) Anyway, we are back in touch now and I had so much fun hanging at the beach and campground with them (they were there with their church for a weekend of family camp) and loved getting to officially meet their three adorable kids for the first time. We had so much fun catching up, laughing, and just generally relaxing. When we went to the beach, there was an elephant seal really high up on the sand. Janie and I were worried about it thinking that perhaps it was stuck, but the lifeguards assured us that it was a completely normal thing for the seals to come out and hang on the sand for several hours--even with tons of people all around. It was actually kind of fascinating and when we were fairly close to the seal at one point, the ocean waves came up and surprised us from behind, so we all jumped and screamed and then the seal gave us the "look." That cute little seal kind of looked over his shoulder at us and almost looked angry that we were disturbing his sunbathing time! All in all it was so wonderful to see my friends and see so many of their great attributes displayed so clearly in their three children. Random thought: I find it kind of interesting that I am wearing the same green sweatshirt here as I was wearing when I went cherry picking last Saturday. I swear I have lots of other clothes!

3 comments:

Mama D said...

Hi Lexi,
Cool blog! Glad you had fun with your friends.
Lovies, J

Anonymous said...

Hi Alexis,
very cool. You are 'with it'...I don't even text message folk. So I'm enjoying reading thru your blog and it's not boring....I like it.

4funboys said...

yeahhhhh... I love your blog!!! I just noticed it on facebook!

umm... love the green sweatshirt. Since green is my favorite color, I say wear if for few more posts!

ps- go ahead with the whole "post about facebook" idea--- talk about being lost!!! That would be me on Facebook-- but it's fun to see people from "way back when".

SEE you soon... can't wait!