Have I mentioned how much I love my friends? I have great friends. Couldn't make it through life without them. My friends also have some of the world's cutest children. I am not biased or anything. A great example of what I just mentioned above would be my friends Kevin and Tara and their daughter Ella. They invite me to go camping and other places with them often. In this particular post, however, I am specifically referring to camping in Carpinteria and then heading to Laughlin the next weekend for some time on the lake. In Carpinteria, the temperatures were lovely and even more surprising, there was virtually no overcast skies in the mornings.
We woke up to bright sunny blue skies. Ella enjoyed the sand, even to the point of putting some in her mouth and chowing down.
Laughlin was very different. Still bright blue skies and lots of sun...but the first day we were there it was 119 degrees. I thought it was hot at my mom's house. Truly, I cannot remember ever feeling heat like 119 degrees. It was pretty miserable outside, so we were thankful for air conditioning, the cool lake water, and even the lukewarm pool. Boy did we get treated to a spectacular sunset as we headed back from the lake! It was fun to stay in the hotel, enjoy the dinner buffet (HELLO, crab legs...so nice to make your acquaintance!), and just continue to soak up every moment of summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment